Raising Illinois: A Collective Effort Driven By Collective Voices
Check out a recording and supporting resources from our virtual gathering of advocates, parents, providers and state leaders in March 2022.
Raising Illinois' Collective Effort event brought together 500+ advocates to discuss the challenges infants, toddlers and expecting families are facing today and also the opportunities for change ahead.
Since Raising Illinois was formally launched in the fall of 2021, we have wanted to bring advocates together in some way to introduce the work happening across the state on behalf of infants and toddlers and to invite new advocates to be a part of it. Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our vision for an event continued to get pushed further into the future.
However, there was still a need to amplify the continued challenges facing Illinois’ youngest kiddos and to celebrate the commitment of the field to solve for those challenges – and to bring new voices and faces into the work.
This virtual event brought together diverse voices and perspectives in a way that was powerful, inspiring and momentous. We are grateful for all of the wonderful speakers - early learning and care providers, parents of young children, legislators and advocates. Their passion for this work was clear, and we thank each of them for sharing their stories with us.
What Are Your Hopes & Dreams?
During the event, you heard from our speakers about their hopes and dreams for Illinois infants, toddlers and expecting families. Now, we want to hear from you! Record a short video on your cell phone or computer and upload it here or by clicking the button below. Please limit your response to 60 seconds.
Want to Learn More?
Check out the below materials and resources that were discussed during our latest event.
- Cost of Child Care Calculator: Learn about the true costs of providing quality child care by selecting your state and designing an early education experience.
- Home Visiting Survey (for parents & caregivers, for providers): Help educate elected officials about what types of supports parents and caregivers of young children want and need from home visiting programs.
- Illinois Prenatal-to-Three Agenda: Find our complete five year policy agenda, which informs and drives our work.
- Raising Illinois' Fiscal Year 2022 Policy Priorities: Find a comprehensive collection of our policy priorities this current Fiscal Year.
- Raising Illinois' Fiscal Year 2021 Accomplishments: Find a comprehensive collection of advancements to our larger policy agenda last Fiscal Year.
- Risk & Reach Report Prenatal-to-Three Supplement: Review data specific to the infant and toddler landscape of Illinois from Erikson Institute.